Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Flight planning software

Flight planning software 2 Jahre 11 Monate her #137

• Dr.KlausLang
  • Dr.KlausLangs Avatar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Dank erhalten: 4
Dear Friends,
I have to decide what IFR-flight planning and navigagion planning software to buy for my Mooney. As far as I know there´s Jeppesen and Rocket Route. But nevertheless, anything (waypoints etc.) must be planned and transferred by hand. Is there anything more convenient on the market? (For VFR-flying I have Flymap on my computer for flight planning,fuel consumption, flight time enroute, etc., store the entire trip on a memory stick and plug it into the FlymapL in my Fascination...and up it goes...).
Also, it is possible to share the license for Jeppesen on up to 4 computers. Has anybody a free computer license which we can share?
Klaus
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Flight planning software 2 Jahre 11 Monate her #138

• AnthonyQ
  • AnthonyQs Avatar
  • Junior Boarder
  • Dank erhalten: 1
Hi Klaus, i can just tell you what I use.... I have an iPad mini which serves as my flight planner and inflight moving map mounted using a Ram Mount on my yoke....in the panel I have a Garmin GNS430W...

For IFR route planning I have Rocket Route which I use for filing as well as getting the full weather / NOTAM briefings...sometimes I use he RR autoroute function, but more often than not I use Autorouter.eu which is a free site run by a couple of German PPLIRs and is better at giving routes at flight levels up to FL200 than RR....It is easy to cut and paste a route from Autorouter into RR for filing...although it is possible to file directly from Autorouter instead.....

For moving map software I use Skydemon....again it is easy to cut and paste the route into SD...SD will automatically generate a Pilot Log (PLOG) and will generate actual waypoints even if the flight plan was composed of airways....it can be switched fromAirway view ot VFR view using a number of different formatted charts...I prefer the DFS style mostly....it also allows downloading of Notams, weather and airport charts including instrument charts (AIP versions).... The alternative is JeppFD or Garmin Pilot....neither of which I have tried inflight...

Hope this is helpful
Anthony Quick
AnthonyQ M20J 205 N60GZ
(A displaced Australian living in Scotland!)

Flight planning software 2 Jahre 5 Monate her #214

• David.Kromka
  • David.Kromkas Avatar
  • Junior Boarder
  • La magie s'arrête jamais
  • Dank erhalten: 5
The free version of flightplanpro.eu does not work any more. Apparently it has been fully integrated into the RocketRoute structure and is available only after paying the respective fees.

But there is another tool that is really nice (and free, at least for now): www.autorouter.eu
It offers automatic IFR route finding and several nice MET features, like cross-sections and the like.
It is pretty self-explanatory and worth a try for everyone who is willing to invest some time in learning a new tool.

Good luck and fly fast!

Flight planning software 2 Jahre 4 Monate her #245

• Hafrau
  • Hafraus Avatar
  • Fresh Boarder
Anthony, als i'm about to use my IPad Mini in our M20J i am quite Interessen in which elements you use to fix the IPad to the yoke without blinding half of the dashboard. Could you please explain? Thanks Harald
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.175 Sekunden