Wer ist online
We have 440 guests and no members online
- Published on Friday, 28 April 2017 17:49
- Written by Philippe COFFINET
The annual EMPOA trip is pretty much organised and the I hope that the program will be to the liking of many participants.
Here is the program and the schedule which I have worked out with David’s help for the Île d’Yeu part.
Thursday June 22:
- Arrival of Mooniacs at Troyes Airport LFQB between 12 and 17 hours local time (if necessary, I can send you the respective IFR and VFR charts of the airfield)
- Lunch at "Le Coucou" restaurant directly at the airport (between 12:30 and 15 hours, around 15 to 25 €)
For those arriving later (between 15 and 17:30 hours), a little snack is planned in the hangar of local maintenance shop Troyes Aviation
- Check-In at the “Golden Tulip” hotel (200 m from the airport terminal)
- For those who want to explore the historic downtown of Troyes by foot, a shuttle will be available between 13:30 and 17:30 hours
- Return to the hotel at 18:00 hours
- 18:30: Welcome Aperitif for the Annual General Meeting at the hotel
- 19:00: Annual General Meeting of EMPOA in a conference room of the hotel
- 20:30 Dinner at the “Golden Tulip” hotel
Friday June 23:
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- 09:00: For the pilots: Technical seminar in the hangar of Troyes Aviation. The topic will be “The Doctor giving advice on the maintenance of your Mooney”
For the non-flyers: transfer by bus to the outlet shopping center (Do not forget the visa card!!)
- 12:30: Light lunch in the hangar of Troyes aviation.
- 13:30- 14 h: Departure by bus to URVILLE where we will visit the cellar of Champagne DRAPPIER ( Supplier of Barack Obama!. Expect to refuel a tank with Champagne DRAPPIER one of the best). Tasting of three Champagne.
- 16 h 30 -17 h 00: Departure by bus to Colombey les deux Eglises where we will discover the General de Gaulle’s House, “La Boisserie” the gardens and the Mausoleum.
- 18:30: Depature by bus right away to the Hostellerie La Montagne (One star in Michelin’s guide), where you will be invited to enjoy a gala dinner hosted by EMPOA.
- Go back to the hotel at 23 h approximately.
Saturday June 24:
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- From 09:30 on: payment of landing fees (count on around 10€ per airplane) and take-off according to your own pace to Île d’Yeu LFEY (Attention – on LFEY no possibility to refuel. AVGAS available at La Roche sur Yon LFRI or Angers LFJR, avoid Nantes due to high landing fees). Filing of a flight plan to Île d’Yeu is mandatory, even if you are flying VFR.
- Afternoon (starting around 1:00 PM)
- Arrival of aircraft from Troyes on Île d'Yeu Aérodrome "La Grande Phare", little welcome cocktail on the ramp or in the club house (depending on the weather)
- (Info for you: we will get in contact with the local Aéroclub to set this up, 20€ seems a good budget per person)
- Transfer to Port Joinville by individual taxi (minibus). The hotels are directly in the port area, around 200 M separated from each other. People can undertake a little walk along the port or just take a shower and relax
- 7:00 PM: Transfer by bus across the island to Port de la Meule
- 7:30 PM: Apéro and dinner at Restaurant Port de la Meule ( Fish meal)
- 22:00 PM: Return by bus from Port de la Meule, possibility to enjoy the vibrant nightlife along the port
- Morning: Breakfast in the hotel
- 1:00 AM: Tour of the island in the "Petit train de l'île"
- Possibility for individual lunch or snack in town - departures of the people with four-day program on convenience in the afternoon
- People staying longer can rent bicycles and explore the island further or watch the others depart from the aérodrome
- 7:00 PM: dinner at Port Baron restaurant with the people from the local aéroclub
- Morning: Breakfast in the hotel
- Possibility to take fresh seafood back home in special boxes from Hennequin poissonerie
- Departure on convenience
Price of the trip:
465€ per person.
Single room additional: 150€
For those who already leave on Sunday afternoon, the price will be 390 € per person.
As a souvenir we will produce T-Shirts for the event which will cost 15 € each. Please tell me how many you want as well as size and gender (M/F). They will be distributed at Troyes before the AGM and paid on site.
Mens: XXL, XL, L, M
Females: XL, L, M, S
Please send me as soon as possible your confirmation of participation with the following data:
- Aircraft registration
- First and last name of crew members
- Tell me how many tee shirts you want , size and gender
- Payment of the trip should be done to the bank account of EMPOA with the following details: Sparkasse Bodensee
IBAN N° DE92690500010024553539
Due to logistical reasons I will have to limit the number of participants to 48. Those who sign up first will have respective priority.
Thank you very much and it will be my pleasure to fly with you over this beautiful country.
- Published on Wednesday, 25 January 2017 09:35
- Written by David Kromka
A new year in aviation has begun and if I look at the electronic communication on the various channels and platforms I can only admit that EMPOA Mooniacs do certainly not show sloth-like behavior in winter. Cold temperatures and crisp air push our speedmachines to new speed records over a winterly landscape. And Tom has pushed it far and fast with 276 knots of groundspeed in his 252.
Last year was another one with many memorable events and we did finish it off in a decent atmosphere during the Christmas party that was organised by Birgit and Philippe in Staufen.
At EMPOA we already set our sights foreward and start planning for the upcoming season. It will start off in March already when Tom, Jacques Callies and me will invite you to Paris : the French capital is always worth the trip and the airfield of Lognes fairly easy to approach. We hope that we will be able to attract many of you for the weekend or even longer.
This year's highlight will certainly be the trip to Troyes and Île d'Yeu in June that will be hosted by our vice-president Philippe. Philippe will shortly publish a detailed program as well as further information on how you can sign up. Troyes will also be the location for our Annual General Meeting and we will have a technical seminar there as well.
Speaking about technics : our international counsel Klaus Ostenfeld is presently checking with Robert McEwan if the German Mooney representative ACG at Allendorf would be able to host another technical seminar, possibly in spring.
Furthermore we would like to be present again at Aero Expo in Friedrichshafen in April : for this we are once more looking for volunteers who can be our ambassadors for one day or longer at the booth of Troyes Aviation and Mooney.
And Tom has promised me that we may count on him and his Fastflyer meetings again for 2017. He will come up with the dates and location on his various channels soon.
The project «Mooney-Mountain-Flyer-Camp » in the French Alps is moving into the final stage : from 21st to 25th September (Thursday to Monday) we will have a professional flight training camp in the French and Italian Alps, that will offer nice moments for the non-flying part of the crews as well. Due to the complex logistics a maximum of 15 aircraft will be able to attend and we want to offer very personalized instruction for each crew. If you are interested, please get in touch with me at as soon as possible.
All this will be nothing without your participation – and your input. New ideas are always welcome at EMPOA, we say « little talk, lot of action ».
Therefore as always at this point: happy landings and fly fast!
- Published on Monday, 16 January 2017 15:07
- Written by Birgit Hutz
(written by Birgit Hutz)
Because it was so beautiful last year, the EMPOA has again invited this year to a Christmas Fly In. This time our flight destination was the airfield of Bremgarten, EDTG, in the southwest of Germany just behind the French border. 10 Mooneys from France, Germany and Austria landet in Bremgarten on 10 December 2016 in beautiful winter weather without snow, and more Mooniacs came by car so that we had a total of 30 participants.
In the aviator friendly restaurant "Fliegerhorst" at the airfield Bremgarten we met and enjoyed good lunch. Afterwards, we were able to see the beautiful historic aircrafts, which are still flying, in the neighboring hall of the Meier airship. At the sight of the Mustang, Boing Stearman, Bücker Jungmeister, Corsair and Messerschmitt, to name a few, many Mooniacs got bright eyes.
In the later afternoon we drove about 10 minutes to the historic, medieval small town of Staufen to our hotel "Gasthaus zum Löwen". Staufen's most famous inhabitant was the legendary Doctor Johann Georg Faust, who many might know from the literature of Goethe. In 1539, Faust is said to have lost his life in his room at Gasthaus zum Löwen during an explosion, probably while trying to produce gold through alchemy.
From there we took a small walk through the Christmas-decorated old town of Staufen and stopped at some of the mullet wine stands wall stands. Some Moonioacs even met an angel.
For dinner we met in the party room of the Gasthaus' zum Löwen. After a little talk from Birgit we ended the evening with very good food and wine and discussions about our Mooneys and plans for future flights.
On Sunday some Mooniacs went by train to Freiburg to see the Christmas market which is located around the „Freiburger Münster“ (the cathedral of Freiburg).
All Mooniacs came home well, even if due to fog in one Mooney could not land at their home airfield.
I am very happy that a lot of French and German Mooniacs came to our Christmas party and we could strengthen our Franco-German Mooney friendship - next time with mixed tables at dinner.
- Published on Saturday, 16 July 2016 16:23
- Written by David Kromka
It was a little different design for the EMPOA Annual Club trip in 2016: instead of five we only ventured off for four days and instead of two destinations we had a single homebase this time. Flying and the fun associated with our Mooneys did not fall short nevertheless as weathergod Peter did once again favor us this year.
Some Mooneys arrived at Graz and Fuerstenfeld as an early commando already on Wednesday in order to celebrate the birthday of our former president Rainer Hutz. The party at Lannach was quite a success and a sampling of Styrian wines gave us a first impression of this very special grape juice.
„High time“ started at Thursday around noon on the 700-meter-runway of the local flying club at Fuerstenfeld: sometimes with only a minute in between 20 Mooneys landed from all over Europe. Despite challenging weather conditions overhead Germany and north of the Alps all registered planes made it safely to Styria. The longest distance was covered by crews from the Greater London area, the Southwest of France and Denmark. Sunny skies over Fuerstenfeld greeted crews after long flights in and in between the clouds as well as a cool beer.
Due to the large number of participants the crews were lodged in three different places and the EMPOA crewshuttle was busy bringing them to their rooms. In the evening we met at Fasch Inn for the hearty Styrian specialty of baked chicken. The meals were that big that absolutely no one had to go to bed hungry. Furthermore we had the traditional shirt sale from Stefan Schlenk's Mooney Classic collection that featured a particularly nice long-sleeved polo.
20 Mooneys had to be airborne within one hour on Friday morning as participants took to the skies headed for Portoroz, the day trip's destination. As winds were quite cross and constantly changing this was quite a challenge for the pilots who had to show their precise flying. But it was the last aircraft taking off with Werner Wohlfahrt and David Kromka that experienced problems with the turbocharger and had to divert to Graz airport. According to reports from the participants the visit to Portoroz was nice even without David's guidance and the day on the Slovenian Adriatic was beautiful. Only the European meet of Harley Davidson bikers was responsible for heightened noise levels in Piran and Portoroz.
In the evening one was able to witness the return of the speedmachines to Fuerstenfeld airfield. The local tower crew was talking quite respectful about the professional flying skills of our pilots. The evening was at everyone's leisure: some went to the local brass music festival while others checked out Fuerstenfeld's restaurants and bars.
After a hearty breakfast on Saturday morning our minibus convoi headed off to Riegersburg castle: this oldest and strongest fortress in Styria sits atop a large rock and has never been conquered. During a guided tour we learned everything from the castle's history to the wars against the Turks and the witch trials.
Directly thereafter we went to a nearby Buschenschank, the Styrian variant of a beer garden. Under a sunny sky we enjoyed huge plates with local delicatessen and fine wines. The afternoon went by pretty quickly and some Mooniacs had the chance for a small and private tasting.
After a short siesta in Fuerstenfeld we went by minibus to Kapfenstein castle where we were welcomed by the owner family Winkler-Hermaden. Before we could indulge into a tasty dinner, EMPOA members had to do some work at the Annual General Meeting. On the AGM we discussed the past year and made plans for the new one (see the separate report of spokesperson Birgit Hutz). The delicacies from the castle's kitchen quickened the appetite for more but shortly after 11:00 p.m. all Mooniacs had to return back to Fuerstenfeld.
The departures on Sunday morning were all on time and despite rainy and cool weather north of the Alps all aircraft arrived well at their homebases. According to reports everyone liked the trip and Mooniacs are already looking forward to next year's EMPOA club trip from 22 to 26 June 2017.
- Published on Saturday, 16 July 2016 10:00
- Written by Super User
EMPOA Annual General Meeting 2016 in Kapfenstein/Styria
June 18, 2016
After welcoming the 26 participants our president David Kromka reported about the activities of the EMPOA in the past year:
The annual trip to England and the Isle of Man in June 2015 with 17 Mooneys, the French-German Christmas Fly-In to Vesoul in December 2015 with 30 participants and the Fast Flyer Meeting to Avignon which was organized by Tom Grossgart.
Birgit Hutz spoke about the flying event of the EMPOA for kids having Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Until 18 June in Germany 21 kids have flown, most of them accompanied by their brothers or sisters or one parent. Thanks a lot to the pilots!
Lothar Lucks presented the financials, in 2015 the EMPOA made an excess of 7,600 €.
Our financial auditor Rolf Bienert reported about his audit and disburdens Lothar.
After that Andi Hoegl asked for the exoneration of the presidency: one after another David Kromka, Philippe Coffinet, Birgit Hutz and Lothar Lucks and Rolf Bienert were disburdened. The members of the board thanked the participants.
David asked Klaus Ostenfeld, our international counsellor to report on his activities whereupon he referred to his list of proposals. One proposal is a Technical/ Maintenance Workshop. Rob McEwan already started organizing a seminar in spring 2017.
The presidency proposed to nominate Bernd and Thomas Hamacher, the two founders of the German-speaking Mooney-community „mooney.de“, from which the EMPOA emerged, as honorary members. The partcipants of the general meeting accepted this proposal with one voice (and one abstention). Bernd Hamacher came to the general meeting and said “Thank you” also in the name of Thomas. The honorary membership is awarded by the presidency with a certificate.
As outlook Tom Grossgart presented the next Fast-Flyer Meeting from September 15 to 19 to the island of Porquerolles in France.
At the common dinner afterwards we were discussing about our Mooneys and further Fly-Ins.
For the Presidency
David Kromka – Philippe Coffinet – Lothar Lucks – Birgit Hutz